Let’s be honest; there comes a time when doubting yourself no longer feels… for lack of a better word, comforting. When you have self-doubt, it can feel like second nature. You have a great idea or concept, and who’s waiting on the other side? That’s right — one of your inner voices trying to keep you safe and comfortable exactly where you are by talking you out of action.
My ultimate goal is to support my clients with rediscovering who they are and confidently designing a life they desire and deserve. So naturally, that process comes with a few steps. So I’ve listed a few ways to help us stay motivated and confidently take inspired actions toward our goals.
- Don’t “should” on yourself! — Stop thinking that you should be this or that, or should be something or be somewhere. The added pressure is unnecessary. We do so much in a day and have so many thoughts to comb through. It’s exhausting! Take it a day at a time and slow down. You deserve to learn whatever is coming up for you in the present moment. Take a breath and gain clarity.
- Set mini-goals – We’ve all done exercises that require setting long-term goals, but if you already know what you want out of your life, it’s time to start taking inspired action. Mini-goals will help you get moving and get motivated. Left some unwashed dishes in the sink? Let’s get that done. Have you walked your dog? Get outside for 30 minutes and walk! There are some killer home workouts you can do in 30 minutes! Create a habit checklist and implement! If you need a habit checklist, download it for free here!
- Patience – We only have control over what we can do with our time, which is right now. Practice patience wherever you can. In traffic, long lines at the grocery store, a crying baby/child, a frustrating boss/coworker, you can practice patience everywhere. Create a mantra, do a countdown, learn a breathing exercise, and you’ll be sure to allow things to flow more freely. When life flows freely, you can think clearly, and move from a place of calm. See my Mindful Activity list here.
- Pray/Connect to Source, God, or the universe – Whatever you believe in, create a connection and utilize that energy as a way to refocus and rejuvenate your soul. Even if you don’t believe in anything, allow yourself a moment to breathe. Jump-start your day by grounding yourself and connecting to that energy. Make time for mindfulness pauses or meditate. Allow yourself to simply be in your space. Clear your head! Your body will thank you for it.
- Take on the day! – Now that you’ve gone through and created a routine for yourself, make it a habit to rinse and repeat. Be open to the curveballs and tell yourself that you can take on that big project, get the promotion, stand out in that interview, land a new job, etc. Take on the day with an attitude that you CAN; you DESERVE it.
- Surround yourself with support – Stick with those who have a similar mindset and similar goals/ambitions. Take the time to have conversations and reach out to people, join meetups and groups, and take a step forward to be around like-minded people. Pick their brain! What makes them tick? Learn from their example. Ask them to check on your progress from time to time and hold you accountable to your goals. Progress checks are uplifting and confidence-boosting regardless of whether you have made physical progress. You’re putting in work and attracting what you want for yourself! That’s all that matters.
Keep these few things in mind to get motivated and practice them daily. Create a schedule and set reminders to complete tasks, no matter how big or small. Taking 5 minutes to reflect on your day will change your outlook and will surely give you the motivation to pursue the life of your dreams. Whatever your situation, be diligent! Remember, let’s make our dreams work for us and our lifestyle! There’s no right or wrong way to do this.
If you have any other best practices, feel free to comment! I’d love to hear other ways you stay motivated!
With love and light….
Be the first to comment